The Prime Writing curriculum provides business professionals with strategies to enhance business messages and thus maximize the impact of their communicational efforts. A systematic approach is presented to help learners develop concise, reader-focused business documents that achieve desired results.
At a Glance
Certification: PDU Credits: 16 PDUs
Skill Level: Entry & intermediate level
Target Audience: Professionals who want to enhance their written business communications by effectively addressing audience needs.
Here is a complete informational listing of the courses in the Prime Writing curriculum.
A Process for Business Writing (PW0011)
|1.5 hrs||The POWER Writing Process||This course contextualizes all that follows. It outlines the typical concerns of business document readers and introduces the fivestage process for creating reader-based documents.|
Plan and Organize Your Documents (PW0012)
|1.5 hrs||Plan Before Writing||This course shows how to plan a document by defining the purpose and target audience.|
|1.5 hrs||Brainstorm Before Writing||This course teaches the four principles of brainstorming and demonstrates five useful brainstorming techniques.|
|2 hrs||Structure Texts for Clarity||This course teaches the strategies behind organizing business documents effectively.|
Write for Business Success (PW0013)
|2 hrs||Break Writing Barriers||This course provides tips on how to make a positive start to writing business documents.|
Evaluate and Revise for Impact (PW0014)
|1.5 hrs||Check Your Writing Style||This course helps learners to reduce errors in their writing style.|
|2 hrs||Review Texts Systematically||This course provides several strategies to systematically revise your documents.|
Deployment OptionseLearning System curriculum (Internet)
- 16 hours eLearning
- 7 Courses (12 hours), each including Self Check Assessment
- On-line Resources (4 hours) - Job Aids, Glossary, Recommended Reading Lists, Web Links, Archived Virtual Classes
- Personalized eLearning System account
- PreAssessment (PrimePath™)
- Mastery Assessment
- Client Administration functionality
- Search feature
- Access to PrimeLearning-run Discussion Boards, Chats
- On-line Mentoring
- Course, including Self Check Assessment
- Course-Based Resources (Job Aids, Glossary, Recommended Reading Lists)
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- American English
- All Microsoft Windows operating systems are supported.
- All Internet Explorer browsers are supported above version 4.0.
- Only version 4.7 of the Netscape browser is supported.
- Adobe Flash Player version 9 or higher is required.
- Adobe Reader plugin is required to view some Curriculum Resources.
- To participate in the Virtual Classes, or play back the archived classes then the Centra client software is required.
- A sound card is required to hear audio.
- Links to download Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Reader and Centra client are provided below and in the eLearning System.