Updated to the latest version of PMI's Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK version 4) specifications, the CAPM® Project Management Fundamentals title provides the foundation for the successful start-up, planning, and implementation of projects of any size and scope. Clear, easy-to-follow steps create a dynamic learning experience for professionals with little or no project management experience, as well as those with moderate experience as either the leader or member of a project team. The improved quality of presentation, and contemporary look and feel of this suite of courses further enhance the eLearning experience.
At a Glance
Certification: PDU Credits: 20 PDUs
Skill Level: Entry & intermediate level
Target Audience: Professionals who need to manage or work on a project.
Here is a complete informational listing of the courses in the CAPM® Project Management Fundamentals curriculum.
Project Start-Up (PM001)
|1.5 hrs||Overview of Project Management||This course differentiates the characteristics and basic principles of a project from those of an operational process.|
|3 hrs||Initiating a Project||This course identifies the essential communication and organizational skills required to ensure a successful project launch.|
Project Planning (PM002)
|1 hr||Planning Project Scope||This course provides learners with a foundation to define a high-level project scope statement from which the project can be broken down into manageable activities.|
|2.5 hrs||Planning Project Activities||This course helps learners to create and use tools, such as network diagrams and Gantt charts, to effectively manage projects by visually representing the activities within them.|
|2.5 hrs||Planning Project Costs||This course provides learners with a methodology for developing a personnel skills resource matrix as a first step toward estimating project costs. Multiple budgeting strategies are provided to assist course participants in applying their skills to a variety of business environments.|
Project Implementation (PM003)
|3 hrs||Executing a Project||This course describes the essential information that team leaders must communicate to the team members. Key messages are reviewed to coordinate and lead cohesive, high-energy teams.|
|1.5 hrs||Monitoring & Controlling a Project||This course provides a series of change management techniques that will help project teams quickly identify problems and appropriate resolutions.|
|1 hr||Closing a Project||This course details the final documentation procedures and customer acceptance practices necessary to ensure successful contract closure.|
Deployment OptionseLearning System curriculum (Internet)
- 20 hours eLearning
- 8 Courses (16 hours), each including Self Check Assessment
- On-line Resources (3 hours) - Job Aids, Glossary, Recommended Reading Lists, Web Links, Archived Virtual Classes
- Personalized eLearning System account
- PreAssessment (PrimePath™)
- Mastery Assessment
- Client Administration functionality
- Search feature
- Access to PrimeLearning-run Discussion Boards, Chats
- On-line Mentoring
- Course, including Self Check Assessment
- Course-Based Resources (Job Aids, Glossary, Recommended Reading Lists)
- Please contact us at email@example.com
- American English
- All Microsoft Windows operating systems are supported.
- All Internet Explorer browsers are supported above version 4.0.
- Only version 4.7 of the Netscape browser is supported.
- Adobe Flash Player version 9 or higher is required.
- Adobe Reader plugin is required to view some Curriculum Resources.
- To participate in the Virtual Classes, or play back the archived classes then the Centra client software is required.
- A sound card is required to hear audio.
- Links to download Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Reader and Centra client are provided below and in the eLearning System.