The Prime Problem Solving curriculum introduces easy-to-use strategies to solve a variety of workplace challenges from problems of small magnitude to those having a substantial impact on the organization.
At a Glance
Certification: PDU Credits: 33 PDUs
Skill Level: All levels
Target Audience: Professionals who want to resolve workplace challenges more effectively.
Here is a complete informational listing of the courses in the Prime Problem Solving curriculum.
Solving Problems Logically (PD0041)
|1.5 hrs||Solve Problems Together||This course helps learners to recognize and identify the groups and individual roles in the problem solving process.|
|1.5 hrs||The Problem Solving Process||This course outlines the fundamental steps for effective problem solving and identifies attitudinal characteristics that facilitate success.|
Defining the Issue (PD0042)
|2.5 hrs||Analyze Problems Creatively||This course introduces learners to several problem resolution methods. Tips for successfully facilitating a brainstorming session are also provided.|
|3 hrs||Determine the Real Problem||This course describes how to create a focused problem statement using the Occam's Razor method.|
Investigating the Problem (PD0043)
|1.5 hrs||Use Investigative Tools||This course introduces process-oriented methods that assist in the analysis of various elements associated with a stated problem.|
|2.5 hrs||Gather Evidence||This course describes several data gathering techniques that can be used to improve problem analysis procedures and the resulting decisions.|
|3 hrs||Interpret Data||This course explains how to use visual tools to interpret data.|
Selecting the Solution (PD0044)
|2 hrs||Solve Problems Methodically||This course introduces Force Field Analysis and Solutions Fishbone Diagram problem solving techniques.|
|1.5 hrs||Group-Based Solutions||This course introduces Modified-Delphi, swapping, and visualization problem solving techniques.|
|1.5 hrs||Cost-Benefit Solutions||This course helps learners to recognize and apply cost-benefit analysis procedures.|
Accepting the Decision (PD0045)
|1.5 hrs||Sell Your Solution||This course provides a series of helpful tips to persuade decision-makers to approve the proposed solution.|
|1.5 hrs||Implement Decisions||This course helps learners to identify progress points and areas for future improvement at the conclusion of the problem resolution process.|
Making Group Decisions (PD0046)
|2.5 hrs||Working Together||This course introduces several strategies to recognize and overcome challenges that can hamper a general group consensus.|
|1.5 hrs||The Nature of Groups||This course provides insightful perspectives into the unpredictability of group dynamics. Tips to recognize challenging behaviors and suggestions for successfully managing group responses are presented.|
|1.5 hrs||Ensure Group Success||This course describes four methods to generate successful problem solving decisions.|
Deployment OptionseLearning System curriculum (Internet)
- 33 hours eLearning
- 15 Courses (29 hours), each including Self Check Assessment
- On-line Resources (4 hours) - Job Aids, Glossary, Recommended Reading Lists, Web Links, Archived Virtual Classes
- Personalized eLearning System account
- PreAssessment (PrimePath™)
- Mastery Assessment
- Client Administration functionality
- Search feature
- Access to PrimeLearning-run Discussion Boards, Chats
- On-line Mentoring
- Course, including Self Check Assessment
- Course-Based Resources (Job Aids, Glossary, Recommended Reading Lists)
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- American English
- All Microsoft Windows operating systems are supported.
- All Internet Explorer browsers are supported above version 4.0.
- Only version 4.7 of the Netscape browser is supported.
- Adobe Flash Player version 9 or higher is required.
- Adobe Reader plugin is required to view some Curriculum Resources.
- To participate in the Virtual Classes, or play back the archived classes then the Centra client software is required.
- A sound card is required to hear audio.
- Links to download Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Reader and Centra client are provided below and in the eLearning System.