The Prime Negotiation curriculum provides learners with several strategies to achieve desired outcomes by balancing their prioritized goals with those of their “opponents” in a variety of situations. This program helps today’s busy professional identify and implement proven methods for moving from conflict to resolution as efficiently as possible.
At a Glance
Certification: PDU Credits: 32 PDUs
Skill Level: All levels
Target Audience: Professionals who want to achieve their goals by responding appropriately to resistance from others.
Here is a complete informational listing of the courses in the Prime Negotiation curriculum.
Moving Past Conflict (MSS0031)
|3 hrs||Handle Conflict Rationally||This course helps learners recognize how conflict can be resolved through the use of effective negotiation strategies.|
|2.5 hrs||Negotiate for a Resolution||This course introduces learners to basic negotiation strategies.|
Preparing to Negotiate (MSS0032)
|2.5 hrs||Know Your Game Position||This course provides learners with a self-assessment process to identify their goals, needs, and position within a conflict situation.|
|1.5 hrs||Know the Opposing Position||This course provides learners with guidelines to assess the goals, needs, and position of their opponents within a conflict situation.|
|3 hrs||Size Up the Playing Field||This course describes a process for learners to analyze conflict situations and identify tactical factors as a means of preparing for the negotiation process.|
Selecting Your Strategy (MSS0033)
|2.5 hrs||Choose Your Game Plan||This course introduces several negotiation strategies tailored to the situation, existing relationships, and the desired outcome.|
|3.5 hrs||Compete to Win||This course explains how to use competitive strategies to guarantee a total “win” outcome for your stated objectives.|
|2.5 hrs||Collaborate for Solutions||This course explains how to use collaborative strategies to develop a solution that is beneficial for both parties.|
|3 hrs||Compromise to Move Forward||This course explains how to use compromising strategies that offer a mixed “win/loss” agreement for both parties.|
|1.5 hrs||Choosing Not to Negotiate||This course describes situations in which accommodation or avoidance strategies are most appropriate to achieve desired results.|
|2.5 hrs||Legal and Ethical Concerns||This course helps participants recognize and avoid legal and ethical issues that may arise during negotiations.|
Deployment OptionseLearning System curriculum (Internet)
- 32 hours eLearning
- 11 Courses (28 hours), each including Self Check Assessment
- On-line Resources (4 hours) - Job Aids, Glossary, Recommended Reading Lists, Web Links, Archived Virtual Classes
- Personalized eLearning System account
- PreAssessment (PrimePath™)
- Mastery Assessment
- Client Administration functionality
- Search feature
- Access to PrimeLearning-run Discussion Boards, Chats
- On-line Mentoring
- Course, including Self Check Assessment
- Course-Based Resources (Job Aids, Glossary, Recommended Reading Lists)
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- American English
- All Microsoft Windows operating systems are supported.
- All Internet Explorer browsers are supported above version 4.0.
- Only version 4.7 of the Netscape browser is supported.
- Adobe Flash Player version 9 or higher is required.
- Adobe Reader plugin is required to view some Curriculum Resources.
- To participate in the Virtual Classes, or play back the archived classes then the Centra client software is required.
- A sound card is required to hear audio.
- Links to download Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Reader and Centra client are provided below and in the eLearning System.