The Prime Manager curriculum describes proven management techniques to enhance the performance of managers who supervise staff performance. This curriculum provides practical guidelines for troubleshooting, brainstorming, developing staff, and building teams. Real-world case studies provide learners an opportunity to integrate these skills into their natural management style.
At a Glance
Certification: PDU Credits: 36 PDUs
Skill Level: Entry & intermediate levels
Target Audience: All levels of professionals who supervise the performance of other staff members.
Here is a complete informational listing of the courses in the Prime Manager curriculum.
Developing as a Manager (MSS0011)
|2.5 hrs||The Many Roles of a Manager||This course introduces the multi-faceted role of an effective manager. A series of self-evaluation exercises assist the participant to create a personal development plan to enhance their current managerial skill set.|
Communicating Successfully (MSS0012)
|2.5 hrs||Speak Without Talking||This course uses examples to demonstrate how body language can affect the meaning of the message being communicated. Non-verbal signals are introduced to improve the participant’s managerial communication skills.|
|1.5 hrs||Manage Better by Listening||This course describes the value of active listening techniques and how they can be used to improve the participant’s managerial performance.|
|1.5 hrs||Assert to Achieve||This course assesses the benefits of assertive behavior and provides suggestions to implement these strategies to maintain confidence and control of potentially difficult situations without resorting to submissive or aggressive behavior.|
Creating Successful Solutions (MSS0013)
|2.5 hrs||Identify the Core Problem||This course introduces techniques to help learners quickly analyze situations by identifying the root cause, investigating the contributing factors, and prioritizing the solution requirements.|
|2.5 hrs||Solve Problems Creatively||This course helps learners investigate inventive strategies to generate creative solutions.|
|2.5 hrs||Implement Solutions Decisively||This course presents several proven methods to help managers take control of a project to put decisions into practice.|
Empowering Your Group (MSS0014)
|2 hrs||Delegate for Results||This course describes techniques for successfully delegating assignments to your work team.|
|1.5 hrs||Coach for Achievement||This course identifies coaching strategies for increasing the performance of your staff.|
|2 hrs||Evaluate Staff Performance||This course defines the PERFORM evaluation tool and demonstrates how it can be used to improve individual performance.|
Cultivating Great Teams (MSS0015)
|2 hrs||Create an Invincible Team||This course enables participants to assess the individuals who make up the team and discusses methods to enhance the entire team performance.|
|1.5 hrs||Inspire Team Success||This course describes motivational strategies to help your team reach their performance goals.|
|2 hrs||Team Briefings for Success||This course helps participants organize, prepare, and lead efficient team briefings.|
|2.5 hrs||Resolve Conflicts Positively||This course provides techniques to analyze and resolve conflict in a manner that produces a positive solution for all involved.|
Deployment OptionseLearning System curriculum (Internet)
- 36 hours eLearning
- 14 Courses (29 hours), each including Self Check Assessment
- On-line Resources (7 hours) - Job Aids, Glossary, Exercises, Recommended Reading Lists, Archived Virtual Classes, Web Links
- Personalized eLearning System account
- PreAssessment (PrimePath™)
- Mastery Assessment
- Client Administration functionality
- Search feature
- Access to PrimeLearning-run Discussion Boards, Chats
- On-line Mentoring
- Course, including Self Check Assessment
- Course-Based Resources (Job Aids, Glossary, Recommended Reading Lists)
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- American English
- All Microsoft Windows operating systems are supported.
- All Internet Explorer browsers are supported above version 4.0.
- Only version 4.7 of the Netscape browser is supported.
- Adobe Flash Player version 9 or higher is required.
- Adobe Reader plugin is required to view some Curriculum Resources.
- To participate in the Virtual Classes, or play back the archived classes then the Centra client software is required.
- A sound card is required to hear audio.
- Links to download Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Reader and Centra client are provided below and in the eLearning System.