The Prime Effectiveness curriculum presents easily adopted techniques for today’s busy professionals to increase productivity by eliminating common barriers to success. The American Management Association’s Self-Development for Success series provides the core content for this practical, real-world approach to improve results through stronger self-management and collaborative skills.
At a Glance
Certification: PDU Credits: 33 PDUs
Skill Level: Entry & intermediate levels
Target Audience: All levels of professionals who want to improve results through stronger self-management and interpersonal skills.
Here is a complete informational listing of the courses in the Prime Effectiveness curriculum.
Balancing Stress (PD0011)
|1.5 hrs||Measuring Stress||This course introduces techniques to measure stress and calculate the various costs to individuals and the larger social environment. Self-evaluation procedures are described to help identify personal stress levels.|
|1.5 hrs||Simple Solutions for Stress||This course prescribes a series of simple, healthful activities to combat stress.|
|2.5 hrs||Stress-Relieving Habits||This course identifies a series of daily routines that will help individuals achieve positive attitudes, get better organized, and develop personal goals.|
|3 hrs||Devise a Stress Control Plan||This course describes several methods to evaluate and adjust behaviors to manage daily workplace changes. Assertiveness strategies are discussed along with other techniques to identify and take control of stressful situations.|
Expanding Time (PD0012)
|1.5 hrs||Develop SMART Goals||This course introduces techniques that enable learners to develop life and work objectives that are specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time-bound (SMART).|
|2.5 hrs||Break Time Barriers||This course provides strategies to minimize the effects of the three most critical time wasters.|
|2 hrs||Focus on What is Important||This course discusses several methods to clearly identify priorities, as well as proven scheduling and implementation procedures to ensure that designated goals are achieved.|
Working Collaboratively (PD0013)
|1.5 hrs||Assert Your Influence||This course demonstrates the value that influencing skills can bring to a diverse and dynamic work environment. Assertive influencing behavior examples are contrasted with aggressive and passive behaviors.|
|2 hrs||Build Rapport, Gain Trust||This course describes key communication skills that enable people to quickly build a comfortable rapport with new acquaintances.|
|1.5 hrs||Communicate Your Goals||This course identifies methods to ensure that speakers deliver the intended message, as well as techniques to provide and receive feedback constructively.|
|2 hrs||Extend Your Influence||This course provides a self-evaluation exercise to identify individual influencing styles along with a series of suggestions and exercises to improve and refine them. Networking and conflict resolution skills are introduced as advanced topics.|
Working With Difficult People (PD0014)
|1.5 hrs||Recognize Work Styles||This course suggests methods to adjust one’s own approach to meet the needs of the other person.|
|2 hrs||Respond to Challenges||This course demonstrates several techniques to effectively handle minor and periodic personality differences.|
|4 hrs||Cope With Continued Conflict||This course describes procedures to pursue when strong measures are needed in response to repeated problems.|
Deployment OptionseLearning System curriculum (Internet)
- 33 hours eLearning
- 14 Courses (29 hours), each including Self Check Assessment
- On-line Resources (4 hours) - Job Aids, Glossary, Recommended Reading Lists, Web Links
- Personalized eLearning System account
- PreAssessment (PrimePath™)
- Mastery Assessment
- Client Administration functionality
- Search feature
- Access to PrimeLearning-run Discussion Boards, Chats
- On-line Mentoring
- Course, including Self Check Assessment
- Course-Based Resources (Job Aids, Glossary, Recommended Reading Lists)
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- American English
- All Microsoft Windows operating systems are supported.
- All Internet Explorer browsers are supported above version 4.0.
- Only version 4.7 of the Netscape browser is supported.
- Adobe Flash Player version 9 or higher is required.
- Adobe Reader plugin is required to view some Curriculum Resources.
- To participate in the Virtual Classes, or play back the archived classes then the Centra client software is required.
- A sound card is required to hear audio.
- Links to download Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Reader and Centra client are provided below and in the eLearning System.