The Prime Diversity Management curriculum provides learners with the understanding that, as the profile of today's workforce changes, so does their own role as manager or business leader. Participants will learn specific strategies for attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse, high-quality staff and fostering an environment that celebrates - and capitalizes on - the uniqueness of the individuals within it.
At a Glance
Certification: PDU Credits: 10 PDUs
Skill Level: Entry & intermediate levels
Target Audience: Professionals who want to work more effectively with colleagues whose backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives differ from their own.
Here is a complete informational listing of the courses in the Prime Diversity Management curriculum.
Discovering Differences (PD0021)
|2.5 hrs||The Evolving Labor Force||This course provides statistics of the changing labor market and identifies the effects that these developments have on the workplace. Influences on the learner’s own thoughts, feelings, and beliefs are also explored.|
|2 hrs||Diversity Defined||This course provides the foundation for any diversity awareness effort, whether corporate or personal. Key terms are defined, major historical influences are examined, and strategies for valuing individual differences, as well as similarities, are provided.|
|1.5 hrs||Begin Your Diversity Journey||This course provides tools to assist the learner in taking personal responsibility for strengthening diversity awareness. Strategies for responding appropriately to individuals with a different value system are presented, as are a multitude of other activities to foster an environment of mutual appreciation and respect.|
Managing Differences (PD0032)
|1.5 hrs||Corporate Diversity Drivers||This course introduces learners to the organizational benefits of managing diversity, and the consequences of not doing so. The requisite shifts in management perspective are also discussed.|
|1.5 hrs||Be a Diversity Ambassador||This course provides learners with the tools to take diversity management into their own hands. General strategies for creating and maintaining a flexible work environment, as well as specific, easy-to-implement management activities to foster diversity at both the departmental and organizational level, are presented.|
Deployment OptionseLearning System curriculum (Internet)
- 10 hours eLearning
- 5 Courses (9 hours), each including Self Check Assessment
- On-line Resources (1 hour) - Job Aids, Glossary, Recommended Reading Lists, Web Links
- Personalized eLearning System account
- PreAssessment (PrimePath™)
- Mastery Assessment
- Client Administration functionality
- Search feature
- Access to PrimeLearning-run Discussion Boards, Chats
- On-line Mentoring
- Course, including Self Check Assessment
- Course-Based Resources (Job Aids, Glossary, Recommended Reading Lists)
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- American English
- All Microsoft Windows operating systems are supported.
- All Internet Explorer browsers are supported above version 4.0.
- Only version 4.7 of the Netscape browser is supported.
- Adobe Flash Player version 9 or higher is required.
- Adobe Reader plugin is required to view some Curriculum Resources.
- To participate in the Virtual Classes, or play back the archived classes then the Centra client software is required.
- A sound card is required to hear audio.
- Links to download Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Reader and Centra client are provided below and in the eLearning System.