The Prime Communication curriculum offers a useful toolkit of practical communication techniques and job aids for today's busy professional. The American Management Association's Self-Development for Success series provides the core content for this functional, real-world approach to business writing, face-to-face interactions, and presentations. Participants will learn how to enhance their current communication styles by incorporating the key success factors of organization, audience focus, and follow up.
At a Glance
Certification: PDU Credits: 16 PDUs
Skill Level: All levels
Target Audience: Professionals who want to enhance the effectiveness of their written and verbal communication styles.
Here is a complete informational listing of the courses in the Prime Communication curriculum.
Communicating Clearly (PC0011)
|Write to be Understood||This course removes the fear that many people have when expressing their thoughts in a written form. Course participants will explore the different types of business documents and several techniques that will help them to write clear, concise, and meaningful messages.|
|Speak to be Heard||This course helps participants improve their verbal communication style through a series of audience identification, organization, and confirmation techniques.|
Presenting Your Ideas (PC0012)
|Plan for High Impact||This course identifies planning strategies to create a successful presentation that effectively conveys your intended message for both small, informal groups and larger, more formal gatherings.|
|Captivate Your Audience||This course describes techniques to help learners deliver interesting and informative presentations. Handling question and answer sessions is also discussed.|
Deployment OptionseLearning System curriculum (Internet)
- 16 hours eLearning
- 4 Courses (13 hours), each including Self Check Assessment
- On-line Resources (3 hours) - Job Aids, Glossary, Recommended Reading Lists, Web Links, Archived Virtual Classes
- Personalized eLearning System account
- PreAssessment (PrimePath™)
- Mastery Assessment
- Client Administration functionality
- Search feature
- Access to PrimeLearning-run Discussion Boards, Chats
- On-line Mentoring
- Course, including Self Check Assessment
- Course-Based Resources (Job Aids, Glossary, Recommended Reading Lists)
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- American English
- All Microsoft Windows operating systems are supported.
- All Internet Explorer browsers are supported above version 4.0.
- Only version 4.7 of the Netscape browser is supported.
- Adobe Flash Player version 9 or higher is required.
- Adobe Reader plugin is required to view some Curriculum Resources.
- To participate in the Virtual Classes, or play back the archived classes then the Centra client software is required.
- A sound card is required to hear audio.
- Links to download Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Reader and Centra client are provided below and in the eLearning System.